The process of imparting education has gone through a sea change if we look at the picture 10-20 years before now. Technology has taken over almost every field of our lives and the onset of online courses came as a path-breaker. No longer did one need to have access to schools, time or a lot of money! All one needed was a good internet connection and a computer.
You could take up any course you liked (often held in partnership with major universities and institutes all over the world), learn at your own pace, discuss with your fellow virtual learners and contact experts online with any queries you might have. Many online learning websites also give you a valid certificate at a nominal fee.
This relaxed pace which promoted self learning was a pole apart from the common rote education process followed in maximum Indian schools. Now however, digital learning has seeped into the system considerably and has a far-reaching impact towards educating the vast population of India. This could well be the answer we have all been looking for!
Why is digital learning slowly but definitely becoming the direction everyone is stepping towards?
Though India is at a nascent stage when it comes to digital education compared to developed nations, none the less it’s growing at a substantially rapid rate of 55 per cent. Edu tech is certainly ushering the new age of learning in India. It is estimated that the ed-tech market will double in size from the present USD 20 billion to USD 40 billion by the end of 2017.
Main reasons for the growth of digital learning:
- With nearly a billion people on mobile phones and over 200 million mobiles connected to the internet, there has been a considerable rise in digital learning
- The use of best-in-class content, real-time learning and feedback methods, and personalised instructions has encouraged online learning
- People are stepping towards digital learning as the ed-tech firms are providing them the comfort of ‘live and interactive’ anywhere learning in digital format, through its online programmes
- These online courses are affordable and easily accessible
- Digital learning aims to break the numerous barriers that are preventing people from receiving quality education in the physically bound classrooms